X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProteccMirai-solace-
    started a topic Valkyrie/Freyja PVP/PVE guide

Valkyrie/Freyja PVP/PVE guide

Hello everyone. I'm here to offer some guides for all the Valkyrie/Freyja players out there. This is a hybrid guide, but there will be sections that focuses on one more than the other. All of these are my own opinions. If you have any suggestions or differences, don't hesitate in sharing. The ratings may change depending on suggestions/future updates. I will be removing the skill traits once the option to have both traits at once arrives in NA. Well, enough said. Let's get into it.
    RoseRender.png
    Base Rose

To start out, we have base rose.

Weapon Switching
    You have a total of 4 different types of weapons. You can lock any of the weapons in your character info by right clicking on the weapon icon. This makes you unable to switch to that weapon and faster switch to other weapons that you want.
    • Revolvers: This is your normal gun. It has the second fastest fire speed, second highest range, and second lowest damage. It has high critical rate.
    • Musket: This is your sniping weapon. It has the longest range, second slowest fire speed, and second highest damage. It has unlimited penetration.
    • Auto-guns: This is your machine gun. It has the fastest fire speed, lowest damage, and lowest range. It burns the enemy's mana by 2 per bullet.
    • Hand cannons: This is your cannon. It has the highest damage, slowest fire speed, and lowest range.
    As a Valkyrie/Freyja, your main weapon is the musket. In fact, that's all you need. With some passives, the musket can deal damage rivaling the hand cannons and gaining fire speed rivaling the revolvers. Some skills allow it to do as much hit as the auto-guns. Therefore, you don't really need any other weapons.

ECP and Overstrike
    All of Rose's active skills use ECP instead of mp. ECP always stays at 100 maximum and there's no way to change that currently. Some of your basic combos also uses ECP. ECP will automatically recover by 5 per second once you stop using it. Specialization B will increase the rate of recovery.
    Once you consume the entire 100 ECP, you will be in overstrike mode. You won't be able to use any of your active skills. In trade off, your damage will be increased by 30% and critical damage increase by 15%.
    As Valkyrie/Freyja, it's better to get in overstrike a lot for PVE since the damage is great for clearing. However, it's better to get in overstrike less in PVP. Your active skills are very valuable for catching and dodging. Of course, it's still good to use overstrike for more burst potential.

Backstep(PVP 10/10; PVE 2/10) (Trait: Haste)
    This is the basic of basic skill for Rose. It's a must have skill for every Rose class in PVP. It has invincibility frame, which allows you to dodge most attacks. When it gains the final enhancement, it gets the heavenly step buff, which increases all speeds by 5% for 3 seconds. It shoots 1 time in front of you, which allows you to catch your opponent if hit. However, this skill is not good in PVE. It can help you dodge monster's attacks here and there, but when you can just dodge hits by using invincibility frames from special actives, this isn't really that needed.

Rising Shot(PVP 0/10; PVE 0/10) (Trait: Killing Blow 1)
    Rising shot is an active that boosts your bullet's damage for a certain amount of time. It sounds nice doesn't it? It's a great skill and would have gotten a rating of 8/10 if we are not Valkyrie/Freyja. We will get a much better skill than this later.

Needle Sobat(PVP 5/10; PVE 1/10) (Trait: Critical)
    It is a good skill, but it gets outshine by a lot of other skills. It can get ignore defense as well, but Valkyrie/Freyja don't need it.

M-3 Flamethrower(PVP 0/10; PVE 0/10) (Trait: Heavy)
    This skill only hits in front of you while leaving you stationary. Furthermore, it has a long animation time that will let you get hit before you can counter It's quite useless.

M-137 Gatling Gun(PVP 0/10; PVE 0/10) (Trait: Empowered)
    It's the same reason as flamethrower.

Spriggan(PVP 7/10; PVE 2/10) (Trait: Light)
    Now this is an interesting one. In PVP, it can be used to get away faster or get closer to the enemy. It also has a skill delay that last until the end of the skill animation. It costs very little too so you can spam it quite a lot. However, there's a frame between the sliding attack and the shooting in which the enemy can skill delay or super armor out. Be careful of that. In PVE, it's not that useful. It doesn't have good damage and it's range is very small.

RX-78 Land Runner(PVP 5/10; PVE 1/10) (Trait: Empowered)
    This skill would have been great if it can summon a robot that stays in battle. However, this thing is basically a suicide bomber. Once you summon it, it heads toward the closest target, hug them, then explode. What a passionate hug~. Anyways, the skill can get you out of combos. However, you might as well mana break instead of using this. It's very easy for the enemy to just ignore the robot and dodge out of the way. In PVE, it's damage is bad. It only hits the closest enemy. By the time that this latches on to anything, you probably already cleared the room.

Barbecue!(PVP 7/10; PVE 7/10) (Trait: Evil for PVP, Heavy for PVE)
    BBQ~BBQ~Who want some BBQ?~ You kick the enemy into the air and burst them with your gatling gun. A lot of people overlook this skill. It does quite a lot of damage. However, it's easy for the enemy to mana break out of it as it feeds a lot of mp. In PVE, it hits multiple monsters, gives a decent amount of awakening charge, and has a decent range. It's better for big bosses to make sure that all attacks hit.
    Last edited by WaifuMaiden-solace-; 08-01-2017, 05:23 PM.

• Anarchiism-gaia-
    replied
    I'd like tips on how to not drain your HP swiftly, I usually just went Over Strike and run through the battlefield without any knowledge of her specialty, which enables to use Nitro Motor. I sometimes use it, but mostly ignore it. Any recommendations?

Leave a comment:

• ArtHikari-solace-
    replied
    Originally posted by WaifuMaiden-solace- View Post

Viper Shot/Spiral Shot(whichever you didn't pick) or Barbecue!

it seems there must be Flash genade or Barbecue

Pressure Grenade is mainly used for strength stacking. However, it can be used for damage as well if you are able to land most of the bombs.

strength stacking by throwing 1 grenade has not working for a very long time
    at last fix this.
    and now everyone has B slot

Leave a comment:

• ProteccMirai-solace-
    replied
    update: This guide will most likely no longer receive any more updates as I am quitting the game. I might decide to update it if I want to come back to try out the third jobs. However, that chance is quite low. As such, if anyone wants to take over and copy everything in this guide, they are free to do so.

Leave a comment:

• ProteccMirai-solace-
    replied
    added in options for PVE skills

Leave a comment:

• ProteccMirai-solace-
    commented on 's reply
    -Indeed, IF all the mobs die in one skill, no one would worry about low damage. However, more and more dungeons nowadays are getting stronger mobs. Take the heroic dungeons you mentioned for example. A lot of mobs in there wouldn't die to one skill unless you have very high stats. At the same time, if you do have that high of stats, you probably wouldn't need a guide.
    -Bravery stack is often ignored due to high cooldown and not being able to keep the stack up in time. However, we are getting more and more options of cooldown reduction, to the point which bravery stacking is actually very good.
    -I've added in options for bravery stacking and strength stacking depending on people's preference. Hope that would help~
    -If you are worried about survival, then it's quite simple. Learning to dodge and time your attacks would help. In this case, you can air dash right after crossmore's animation finishes, making it simple to dodge attacks and survive.
    -Personally, I would suggest not looking at only heroics for PVE, but all dungeons as a whole. After all,you can't guarantee people that needs guides only came for heroics. A guide should cover as much possibilities as possibly instead of focusing on one. Of course, you can still use specific dungeons as example, but make sure to keep in mind of the big picture.

Thanks for the suggestions >~<

• Primarina-solace-
    commented on 's reply
    On the bottom of the post, click on comment

• ArtHikari-solace-
    replied
    WaifuMaiden commented
    Today, 11:28 AM

-Problem with crossmore is it's fast damage drop. Even with gigantic, the damage near the end would be extremely low.
    No one worries about low damage if all mobs are killed in one skill
    Plus, in dungeons, it's better to use cross more on group up enemies, minibosses, and bosses.
    I still remember how with +7 and 0 maxi used EMP Crossmore photonb and still had time to shoot while EMP did not explode. Therefore it is possible for poorly equipped emprowed better.

Furthermore, you have EMP Shock, Einherjar, Viper Shower, and Neil Sniping if you want to kill pack of mobs

Do you plan to use 3 bravery skills? Interesting. Maybe even manage to keep the bravery stack.I never thought about this. But in any case, all these skills are much slower than Crossmore
    . It may be easier to catch boss, but if you need gigantic to do that, you are already staying too far from the boss. After all, crossmore's potential comes from being close to the enemies.
    For heroics, survival is more important than maximum damage. And crossmore not do much damage anyway
    -Neil Sniping gets underestimated by a lot of people. Hitting all 5 hits would give you a higher damage than even Einherjar. In dungeons, it's especially easier to hit enemies. Furthermore, by knowing how to use this skill, it can, in fact, speed up your dungeon clearing, as it can be served as 5 shots of area clearing. Any shots you didn't use can be semi refunded for other skills as well. I gave it a high rating because this skill has a lot of potentials that people haven't tapped into yet.
    Really want to see this. Just never saw a FJ using a neil sniping in pve

replys in bold
    PS: How to write the reply to the u reply?

Leave a comment:

• ProteccMirai-solace-
    replied
    I've basically finished the guide as of now. The pvp tutorial video would come either when I make another Freyja or job change my Storm Trooper back to Freyja,whichever comes first.

Leave a comment:

• ProteccMirai-solace-
    commented on 's reply
    -Problem with crossmore is it's fast damage drop. Even with gigantic, the damage near the end would be extremely low. Plus, in dungeons, it's better to use cross more on group up enemies, minibosses, and bosses. As such, a higher damage would be better. Furthermore, you have EMP Shock, Einherjar, Viper Shower, and Neil Sniping if you want to kill pack of mobs. It may be easier to catch boss, but if you need gigantic to do that, you are already staying too far from the boss. After all, crossmore's potential comes from being close to the enemies.
    -Neil Sniping gets underestimated by a lot of people. Hitting all 5 hits would give you a higher damage than even Einherjar. In dungeons, it's especially easier to hit enemies. Furthermore, by knowing how to use this skill, it can, in fact, speed up your dungeon clearing, as it can be served as 5 shots of area clearing. Any shots you didn't use can be semi refunded for other skills as well. I gave it a high rating because this skill has a lot of potentials that people haven't tapped into yet.
    -Indeed. If you already have a high critical rate, light trait would be better. However, end of the day, that only applies depending on your critical rate. Not everyone is able to have sockets however they want. However, I do see your point in this matter. Since the choosing of skills traits would be removed soon, and you will be able to get both traits at once, I'm not going to address this matter. After all, I would be deleting the traits when that happens.

• ArtHikari-solace-
    replied
    -Crossmore Why not gigantic for PVE? This is the main tool for the killing trash mobs. With a gigant trait u can kill full pack of mobs in one skill. Skill more often hits when you iframes. Easier to catch the boss. The only place where Emprowed>gigantic It's easy SD bosses
    -Nail sniping for PVE 8/10? You must be joking.. This skill only slows down the dungeon cleaning. 2/10 maximum
    -Viper Shower for PVE Enchanced only if you have a crit below 65-70% otherwise Llight

Leave a comment:

• ProteccMirai-solace-
    commented on 's reply
    I've changed the traits to include PVE as well. I forgot about those. I see the point either using Viper Shot or Spiral Shot in PVE. I've adjusted it after taking that into consideration. In term of Freezing Bullet, it's more for variety. However, my previous rating for it is definitely too high. As such, I've adjusted it.
    I've wanted to do a guide on her for so long, but I was too lazy

• ProteccMirai-solace-
    replied
    Added Transcendent. I will add in the tips tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• AirbusA380-solace-
    replied
    - Viper Shot isn't that bad for PvE, it's good for picking off low HP mobs from a distance. I'd say it's preference whether you take it or Spiral Shot for
    PvE -- both are good and have their own usages. Also, for both skills, you definitely want to take Critical in PvE. It's essentially required for your OS set ups.
    - Adding on to what Aqua said already, I'd also say Freezing Grenade's trait could be considered preference on the PvE side. I personally use Light so I can load both it and Pressure Grenade back to back without having to use a potion, but KB1 is also better for support if you'd rather have that.
    - Imo, you really shouldn't use Freezing Bullet in PvE once you get BB. Both give the same amount of MP back, but BB not only procs better but the push from it's explosions is extremely useful for gathering mobs in cases where it wouldn't be worth using EMP Storm. Additionally, it's basically your only other source of awakening charge, EMP being the other.

Either way, it's nice to see VK/FJ finally get a guide. Hopefully this helps out any FJ players who need that extra advice.

Leave a comment:

• ProteccMirai-solace-
    commented on 's reply
    -Thanks for pointing that out. Changed it to light.
    -Personally, there are much better skills that can replace viper shot in PVE. However, I do see your point there and its usage.Taking that into consideration, I've changed it's rating.
    -Freezing bullet is not as bad for PVE. It's a good alternative for those that doesn't want to use blazing bullet. After all, using only 1 type of bullet can get boring and changing it up once in a while would be nice. Freezing bullet offers that alternative in PVE since mana isn't as big of a problem as in PVP. Of course, if not for that, it would probably have gotten a 0 rating. However, looking back at it, I did give it a little too high of a rating. I've adjusted it a little now.
    -I forgot about the PVE traits for spiral shot, freezing grenade, and blazing bullet. Thanks.
    -The ERP was a typo. Thank you. I will be talking about the proc rate a little later, but thanks for the reminder.

As for the rating scale, it's just to give people a rough sense of how useful the skills would be. End of the day, some skills would definitely stand out more than others. It's easy to just tell players which skills to use and which skills to not use. I'm open to try out other rating systems, but for now, the current one serves its purpose just fine.
    Last edited by WaifuMaiden-solace-; 08-01-2017, 07:40 PM.
Working...
X
/* */