• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Class: {{esusrinfo_class460812}}
    Level: {{esusrinfo_level460812}}
    Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild460812}}

Tossing around good/bad ideas

I've been thinking for a bit and i feel most of elsword's problems and personally i feel theres a simple, if not valid way to fix most of it, at least the 2nd most important thing to be fixed. (the first being pve nerfs, they're always dumb to some extent weak tend to get weaker poor RH.. and strong get weakish/balanced)

It starts with ED, without the board, making ed isn't very... enjoyable? I mean its Shadow Vein (Halted Sun's Memory formerly) X number of times til ten-mil for items that cost sixty-mil per character to get.

(Problem) Unless you've cornered the market on a constant source like glaciem or fishing bait etc. then ed gain ain't fun especially when you're saving for something specifically (ib cubes, mod books etc.) story quests can do it well as well but different option same outcome tbh.

[Solution] Lower the prices of items that are needed i.e the el collection books, (and the fishing rod of all things whats the lore behind that nonsense...) around.. ten, twenty thirty mil i'd say its reasonable within both story quests and ed grinding.
    (side note, item mall stuff is a different topic so i might go into my thoughts on that if asked.)

It continues with a minor cooldown, job change tickets, simply put: Monthly quest. (I screwed myself over last stamp event long story, third job and master class ticket have the same icon....)

It ends with item drop rates and the important equipment items and essentials, (IDR) not too much needs to change about it but maybe make it a tad less Rng cuz in addition to being a time waster in some aspects, the charm of farming is in getting what you want when you're not looking, but... that charm wears quickly after the second character, and if the character you don't want to have an important accessory gets it then your main needs then... well thats money.

Equipment items the most important one, enhancement events... great for whales, but miserable for F2P players mostly cuz they never give enough for it to matter, and outside of events enhancing isn't very smart, break your weapon kchingless during a bad time and your career is over.

(Problem IDR) If you got stuff to do and can sit through one-hundred plus runs of (insert the dungeon you're grinding) for something that MIGHT drop within those one hundred, not very rewarding. In that sense I feel that progression is very luck based you could get stuff from your pals but no ones that kind lets be honest.

[Solution] Either make the accessories a separate drop from the items or just make the boss cubes a drop in that region.

(Problem Equipment items) You miss out on the full extent of an event and thats not cool.

[Solution] Just make Fluorite ore and crystals drop in either: Heroic dungeons Secret dungeons or 11-12 onward. :Bonus almost forgot essentials, magic stones should drop from ruben to feita, advanced stones feita to elrianode, refined and sage though to the current region, sage stone shards to craft twisted sage stones.

Most of the problems stem from important stuff not being as on-hand as it should be tbh, grinding doesn't have to be a job filled to the brim with RNG as i now understand that this aspect is a sticking point to many, my solutions aren't perfect i kinda don't want em to be, but running through 12-8 or 12-2 getting stones and ores (didn't forget the scrolls) whlist aiming for an accessory makes it more worth while, otherwise dailies, weeklies, log out wait for the next event.
  • Class: {{esusrinfo_class460815}}
    Level: {{esusrinfo_level460815}}
    Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild460815}}

I agree with you, but I think KOG should also bring back bankshare to the ED shop, in KR they have bankshare in the ED shop. Otherwise just like in this jump event especially on weeks 2 and 4 the 98 scrolls you get might not get used up completely without bankshare, and many people have complained they can't get the rewards because the first quest asks for using 70 of the scrolls.

Comment

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class460879}}
      Level: {{esusrinfo_level460879}}
      Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild460879}}

Originally posted by EarthScythe-solace- View Post
      I've been thinking for a bit and i feel most of elsword's problems and personally i feel theres a simple, if not valid way to fix most of it, at least the 2nd most important thing to be fixed. (the first being pve nerfs, they're always dumb to some extent weak tend to get weaker poor RH.. and strong get weakish/balanced)

It starts with ED, without the board, making ed isn't very... enjoyable? I mean its Shadow Vein (Halted Sun's Memory formerly) X number of times til ten-mil for items that cost sixty-mil per character to get.

(Problem) Unless you've cornered the market on a constant source like glaciem or fishing bait etc. then ed gain ain't fun especially when you're saving for something specifically (ib cubes, mod books etc.) story quests can do it well as well but different option same outcome tbh.

[Solution] Lower the prices of items that are needed i.e the el collection books, (and the fishing rod of all things whats the lore behind that nonsense...) around.. ten, twenty thirty mil i'd say its reasonable within both story quests and ed grinding.
      (side note, item mall stuff is a different topic so i might go into my thoughts on that if asked.)

I agree that the way of getting EDs is a slog to go through if you're not someone that mostly "play the board" and the constant addition of stuff that requires an high amount of ED is rough. And it doesn't look like it'll go in a better way with future patches.

It continues with a minor cooldown, job change tickets, simply put: Monthly quest. (I screwed myself over last stamp event long story, third job and master class ticket have the same icon....)

Monthly quests would be nice, a bit more to do aside from the daily routine, but in the end, it'll fall into a daily "Do X dungeons" to complete for a month I guess. I would hope it would become something original if the idea was ever implemented.

It ends with item drop rates and the important equipment items and essentials, (IDR) not too much needs to change about it but maybe make it a tad less Rng cuz in addition to being a time waster in some aspects, the charm of farming is in getting what you want when you're not looking, but... that charm wears quickly after the second character, and if the character you don't want to have an important accessory gets it then your main needs then... well thats money.

Equipment items the most important one, enhancement events... great for whales, but miserable for F2P players mostly cuz they never give enough for it to matter, and outside of events enhancing isn't very smart, break your weapon kchingless during a bad time and your career is over.

(Problem IDR) If you got stuff to do and can sit through one-hundred plus runs of (insert the dungeon you're grinding) for something that MIGHT drop within those one hundred, not very rewarding. In that sense I feel that progression is very luck based you could get stuff from your pals but no ones that kind lets be honest.

[Solution] Either make the accessories a separate drop from the items or just make the boss cubes a drop in that region.

I didn't really understood that point, could you clarify ? You would like the accessory to be an "unique"/separate drop rate from the general loot pool ? Would that change anything ?
      Farming for some accessories could've been lucrative if the drop rate were a bit higher and something with a bit more "kick" to it than stale glaciem farming for example. But as you said, grinding accessories is not really a good way to go for it.

(Problem Equipment items) You miss out on the full extent of an event and thats not cool.

[Solution] Just make Fluorite ore and crystals drop in either: Heroic dungeons Secret dungeons or 11-12 onward. :Bonus almost forgot essentials, magic stones should drop from ruben to feita, advanced stones feita to elrianode, refined and sage though to the current region, sage stone shards to craft twisted sage stones.

Most of the problems stem from important stuff not being as on-hand as it should be tbh, grinding doesn't have to be a job filled to the brim with RNG as i now understand that this aspect is a sticking point to many, my solutions aren't perfect i kinda don't want em to be, but running through 12-8 or 12-2 getting stones and ores (didn't forget the scrolls) whlist aiming for an accessory makes it more worth while, otherwise dailies, weeklies, log out wait for the next event.
      Answers in bold.
      As for the Fluorite point, that'd be nice, but I don't think KoG will get away from one of their most lucrative way of earning money for the sake of the game well being sadly.

I'd like to see bankshare available for ED for newcomers too.

Please call me Abeyll ~

Comment

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class461332}}
        Level: {{esusrinfo_level461332}}
        Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild461332}}

Sure Abeyll

ED: That's pretty straight-forward tbh, these things cost too much for something you might not ever have enough of, unless you're a business tycoon of sorts.

Monthly quest: With the monthly quests they tend to be a its along the way of what you're doing, like the rigo dailies/weeklies after you got your gear, its cash or a funnsies-armor, otherwise you either need to pour 40$ or wait for another event (like me...)

IDR: Put simply yeah, Items and accessories/equipment should have a different drop rate, it still has to drop but in a much more controlled way as apposed to... nothing, "The accessories drop rate increased." doesn't feel like it, making the drops separate wouldn't change much a thing I feel.

Did I clear up most of what I said?
        Fluorite being a drop in dungeon, still makes packages relevant just like with sage stones.

Comment

Working...
        X
        /* */