• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Class: {{esusrinfo_class438390}}
    Level: {{esusrinfo_level438390}}
    Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild438390}}

Master Class as Character Portrait

If you are lazy and don't want to read through all of this, then please just read the red part.

I honestly just did the Master Class quest to get that image and use it as a portrait, or have the cut in for all my skills, but, sadly, I can't do any of them. I mean, the art used in the Master Skill Cut-In is just beautiful, and I know that I'm not the only one that wants to use it in any other way.

PETITION: Use Master Class Image as Character Portrait and normal skill cut-in.
    Also add the awk version of those who need it to the MC cut-in.
    All comments/ideas/suggestions are welcome.

Originally posted by MythOracle-solace- View Post
    I also want this! but I don't know how certain cut ins would look like as portraits? like where would the ''focus'' be? how would you fit it as a portrait etc, but I am still supporting this!
    About the cut-in: I forgot to mention this before, but I think that, if we are going to use the cut-in for any skill, then some effects need to be removed, like the big big big portrait. I will use my RaS (because I really love her Master Class cut-in) as an example.

In case you haven't seen it, here's the full Master Class cut-in:
    SPOILER Fully (4).gif
    Sorry about the terrible quality of this one. I couldn't find a better method to upload it.

If we are going to use this as a normal skill cut-in, then this part shouldn't be used:
    SPOILER Firsty.gif

So, my idea is that, if we are going to use it besides master skill, then we should just use this part (with a little less effect):

About the portrait: I think that zooming the face (like any portrait) would just do the thing. Like, for example (also using my RaS):
    SPOILER Portrait.png

Obviously, with the protrait effects (the golden frame, the character colored background...). If you have any suggestion about this, I accept it!

Originally posted by Shirenn-solace- View Post
    Chung, Ara, Ain, Flame Lord, Mad Paradox and Nisha Labyrinth all have different awakening appearances, but Masterclass portraits for these do not exist. I support the idea presented in this thread, but the artwork needs to be created first, which means KOG can't make this happen at a snap of a finger.
    Well, yes, they have to recreate the art (or at least re color it and add a few things) so the cut in would look like their awakening form. I thought that the master class portrait of those characters would have their awk version but I see they don't. Obviously, this should be done but not because we want to add them as a normal cut-in, but as it is a normal thing they should have done from the start. Since this post is about the "MC cut-in"theme, then I will include it on this post.

There are a lot of characters (listed above in the quote) that should have this added and not only for the character portrait but the skill cut in in general! So, let's do it like this:
    • If you vote for the "Yay (portrait and/or cut-in)" option, then you agree to any point listed on this post: add the character portrait, the cut-in for normal skills and/or the awk version for those who need it of the MC cut-in.
    • If you vote for the "Nay (none of them)" option, then you don't agree to any of the listed above. Please leave a comment so I can make this post better.
    • If you vote for the "Indifferent || Other", then you don't care about this post.
    EDIT HISTORY

SPOILER
    04/24/20
    Added portrait suggestion, cut-in explanation and about the awk version (Shirenn and MythOracle comments).
    Also edited the poll options (just the name) and added the full explanation for lazy people.

05/20/20
    I noticed something was wrong with the explanation of the poll options so I decided to edit it.

Thanks for reading all of this and supporting the idea! Hopefully, one day they will add this feature to the game!
    Also, a special thanks to the ones that gave their suggestions to make this post better!
    If you see a gramatical/vocabulary/spelling error, please tell me to improve the quality of this post! My original language is Spanish and I haven't mastered English yet.
    And sorry if the images/gifs look awful, I had a terrible time adding them to the post (I just discoverd that gifs don't work here unless their size is less than 1 MB lol). If one doesn't appear, tell me and I will try to correct them!
    Yay (portrait and/or cut-in)
    93.59%
    Nay (none of them)
    1.28%
    Indifferent || Other
    5.13%
    Last edited by Kanronji-solace-; 05-20-2020, 12:26 PM.
    Check out my guide! | Sparkle! A RaS guide to support raid
    Support my best suggestion! | Master Class as Character Portrait

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class438483}}
    Level: {{esusrinfo_level438483}}
    Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild438483}}

Having a new skill cut-in locked upon the usage of the master skill is a waste tbh. Supporting !

Comment

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class438532}}
      Level: {{esusrinfo_level438532}}
      Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild438532}}

Originally posted by JustFreezer-solace- View Post
      Having a new skill cut-in locked upon the usage of the master skill is a waste tbh. Supporting !

I totally agree with you! I thought I could use the skill cut-in for all my skills but I can't, not even to mention that you can't change which skill cut in appears when you use the master skill. Totally a waste.

Also using this as a bump

Comment

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class438561}}
        Level: {{esusrinfo_level438561}}
        Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild438561}}

Honestly I was hoping the cut-in for the Master Skill was going to be the usual static image for non-Master Skills, while Master Skills would use the Animated version. And I was hoping we'd get them as portraits too. Instead though we got 3rd Job an icon to signify we got Master Class. I'm glad there's something to tell people but...I'd rather have the portrait. The art is one of the best parts of it, so let's share it.

Comment

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class438667}}
          Level: {{esusrinfo_level438667}}
          Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild438667}}

I like the suggestions said above too. I also want to suggest they revamp the awakening cut in and get the giant animated cut in from master class.
          Check out my Elsword gameplays on the link. Currently playing 26 characters. Some character gameplays have yet to be uploaded soon. https://www.youtube.com/user/sdj0914

Comment

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class438687}}
            Level: {{esusrinfo_level438687}}
            Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild438687}}

I was also hoping we would get to see the portraits upon awakening. As one of the people who have skill cut-ins turned off, it seems like a waste to not be able to see the portraits at all :c

Luggages do not carry people. People carry luggages. Support the luggages in your party. Carry them to safety. #CarryTheLuggage

Comment

• Kanronjii-solace-
              Kanronjii-solace- commented
              Editing a comment
              That's the best signature I have seen.

• Astrarle-solace-
              Astrarle-solace- commented
              Editing a comment
              Lmayo I'm surprised someone likes my signature.
          • Class: {{esusrinfo_class438725}}
            Level: {{esusrinfo_level438725}}
            Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild438725}}

Originally posted by KayneSlayer-solace- View Post
            Honestly I was hoping the cut-in for the Master Skill was going to be the usual static image for non-Master Skills, while Master Skills would use the Animated version. And I was hoping we'd get them as portraits too. Instead though we got 3rd Job an icon to signify we got Master Class. I'm glad there's something to tell people but...I'd rather have the portrait. The art is one of the best parts of it, so let's share it.
            I literally thought the same at first. But, as Laby's master is Gaia, I just get that yellow-brown thing in the portrait. If I knew this before I got the Master Class, I would really have not done it. I mean, RS's skill is useless.

Thanks for the support!

I'm also using this as a bump

Comment

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class445281}}
              Level: {{esusrinfo_level445281}}
              Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild445281}}

Aaah! I was hoping for this, too. The art is just so... beautiful and stunning! It suits each character's class's very much. It seemed to me that a lot of work and detail were put into it, so, as aforementioned in this forum, it would be a waste not to have it as a static/constant splash art for your character. I support this petition. Also, bump!! >_<)/

Comment

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class450100}}
                Level: {{esusrinfo_level450100}}
                Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild450100}}

Originally posted by Yokaizu-gaia- View Post
                Aaah! I was hoping for this, too. The art is just so... beautiful and stunning! It suits each character's class's very much. It seemed to me that a lot of work and detail were put into it, so, as aforementioned in this forum, it would be a waste not to have it as a static/constant splash art for your character. I support this petition. Also, bump!! >_<)/
                Using you to bump this after a while

I totally agree with you! I mean, if I could actually use it as character portrait I would literally get the Master Class on all my chars but, as I can't do that and the job is almost useless, I just got it on my two mains.

KOG GIVE US OUR PORTRAIT

Comment

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class450126}}
                  Level: {{esusrinfo_level450126}}
                  Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild450126}}

I also want this! but I don't know how certain cut ins would look like as portraits? like where would the ''focus'' be? how would you fit it as a portrait etc, but I am still supporting this!

Comment

• Kanronjii-solace-
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, I thought at first just zoom the face (literally like all the other portraits) and remove the shine shine SHINE effects they have. It would be kinda annoying to have your portrait shine greater than your character lol
                    I accept suggestions. When we decide, I will definitely add this to te post! Thanks!

• Kanronjii-solace-
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, and about the cut in-- not making it as... big? as it is now, just plain and with a few effects all the others have. If we will use it as a cut in for a skill besides the master one, it doesn't have to be as big and full-of-effects as it is now. Adding this to the post, thanks again!
                • Class: {{esusrinfo_class450168}}
                  Level: {{esusrinfo_level450168}}
                  Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild450168}}

Chung, Ara, Ain, Flame Lord, Mad Paradox and Nisha Labyrinth all have different awakening appearances, but Masterclass portraits for these do not exist. I support the idea presented in this thread, but the artwork needs to be created first, which means KOG can't make this happen at a snap of a finger.

Comment

• Kanronjii-solace-
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, alright, I didn't think about this (totally forgot, sorry >.<). I will add this to the post, thanks!
                • Class: {{esusrinfo_class453125}}
                  Level: {{esusrinfo_level453125}}
                  Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild453125}}

Agreed, I was also hoping for at the least a portrait among achieving master class.

Comment

• Kanronjii-solace-
                    Editing a comment
                    Welcome back to the Hyperion, captain!!
                    I'm sorry, your IGN made me remember a game I play XD
                • Class: {{esusrinfo_class459319}}
                  Level: {{esusrinfo_level459319}}
                  Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild459319}}

Bumping this!! I still want my portrait!
                  Also deleted the "bumping" posts.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  /* */