• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Class: {{esusrinfo_class366038}}
    Level: {{esusrinfo_level366038}}
    Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild366038}}

Magic Stone Reinforcement: A New System for Getting Perfect Sockets

When it comes to endgame dungeons and PvP, you want to do everything in your power to make your stats as perfect as possible. However, as the game stands, we're heavily limited in our ability to do this.

To get perfect stats, we have to get perfect sockets - the only way we have to do this for most socketable stats is to make use of Sage stones, hoping we get the right stat with the best possible stat roll. However, our reliance on Sage stones is a massive obstacle - if we don't get the right roll, all we can really do is use up another Sage stone trying again.

Furthermore, Sage stones are in limited supply - unless events are ongoing, the only source of Sage stones we have in the entire game is an Arena quest that can only be completed once per week. Gaining 5-7 Sages per week, when it can easily take 20+ Sages to get one perfect socket that you want, simply doesn't cover our needs.

So... what if there was an alternative way to get perfect sockets without relying on Sage stones?

I'd like to introduce a new system into the game - Magic Stone Reinforcement.

This system would be offered from alchemist NPCs. The basic idea is that you select a socket in your equipment, and upgrade that socket by one level using magic stones that are guaranteed to offer that same type of stat. This upgrade will happen without fail, and the number of magic stones you need scales up depending on the current quality of the socket. Magic Stone Reinforcement can be used on a socket up to the maximum value that socket can have - that is, the maximum stat value you could get from a Sage Stone for that stat on that piece of equipment.

To give everyone an example, let's say you have a pair of Secret Dungeon gloves, with 3% Critical socketed in one of the gloves' slots.

If you took these gloves to an NPC alchemist, you would have the chance to select this socket for Reinforcement. Then if you offered:
    -2 (High-Grade) Critical Magic Stones
    -2000 ED as an upgrade cost

...Reinforcement would (without fail) upgrade this socket to 3.5% Critical.

You could repeat this process for the 3.5% socket, needing 3 Critical Magic Stones (and 2000 ED) for the next tier, 4% Critical.

This could go on up to the Sage limit: with 7 Critical Magic Stones (and 2000 ED), you could transform a 5.5% Critical socket into a 6% Critical socket, at which point Reinforcement would no longer be possible.

Introducing this system would give players the means to improve their equipment as they see fit without being limited purely by the number of Sage Stones they have. Since this system also requires that you have a magic stone guaranteed to give the same stat as the one socketed, this means High-Grade stones have to be made for most socketable stats - this both gives High-Grade stones a purpose again, and lets Magic Stones/Advanced Magic Stones have value once more as part of crafting recipes.

Note that this system isn't intended to make Sage Stones, nor the magic stones found in Ice Burners, pointless - this is merely meant as an alternative. Sage Stones and Ice Burner magic stones would allow players to get to a starting socket of much higher quality, drastically reducing the amount of Reinforcement they would need to get a perfect socket. If you were trying to set up a new piece of equipment, or replace a socketed stat, Sage Stones and Ice Burner stones would easily still be the best starting footholds for players to use. (Though, if this system were to be introduced, I would be content with improving the quality of Ice Burner magic stones as well, since the Reinforcement system would affect their worth.)

Please let me know what all of you think of this system, or feel free to ask questions if there's anything I need to elaborate. Thank you all for hearing my idea.
    This system would be a great addition.
    80.00%
    This system would not be useful.
    10.00%
    (Neutral)
    10.00%
    Trial Dungeon Mode - Compete in PvE Challenges!

Petition - Make Hitstun Recovery Constant

RNG Explanation/Discussion
  • Class: {{esusrinfo_class366043}}
    Level: {{esusrinfo_level366043}}
    Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild366043}}

getting highest % but wrong stat then right stat but wrong % is always a pain with sage stones

+1 support

Comment

• AinDominion-solace-
      Editing a comment
      I can't tell you the hundreds of sage stones I lost doing this very same thing. With a system like this, I could use the rest of my stones for my other characters instead of having to pick one to main for the rest of the game.
  • Class: {{esusrinfo_class366054}}
    Level: {{esusrinfo_level366054}}
    Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild366054}}

I like the idea. I wouldn't even mind if it used an excessive amount of materials to increase for a guaranteed success.
    It could even use an amount of sage stones too once it hits the limit where non-sage stones would normally stop at percent wise for further reinforcement.
    It would continue to rely on the supply and demand of sage stones while discarding the anxious worrying about whether or not the next top roll you aim for is going to take another 200~300 sage stones you've stockpiled for a single socket...

Perhaps something along the lines of adding 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 & then 30 sage stones for the percentile rolls past what normal magic stones can give, on top of the high-grade stone costs.

Comment

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class366055}}
      Level: {{esusrinfo_level366055}}
      Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild366055}}

You say this wouldn't replace the op stones from ib or sages but with this system why would anyone buy special magic stones from ibs for 200m a pop when you can just buy like 6 high grade criticals for less than 10mil and get the same result. I'm sorry but this wouldn't work.

Comment

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class366057}}
        Level: {{esusrinfo_level366057}}
        Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild366057}}

To add further, if you want this system to work out then there would need to be a chance for failure and a much higher high grade stone amount required to balance it out. Otherwise people getting special stones from ibs would be forced to sell them for like 15 20mil each and it would hurt them.

Comment

• Spaise-solace-
          Spaise-solace- commented
          Editing a comment
          You can edit posts with use of the 'Edit' button near the bottom of your posts!
          I think the amounts posted can be used more as an example rather than the actual amount used for the feature.
          After all, if the feature was implemented, it'd ultimately fall on the developers to work out the smaller details.
          I don't think it would hurt sales of the special stones that much, but as stated, it'd definitely affect them.

• Treasure-solace-
          Treasure-solace- commented
          Editing a comment
          or maybe regular/advanced magic stone prices would go up lol . . .
      • Class: {{esusrinfo_class366063}}
        Level: {{esusrinfo_level366063}}
        Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild366063}}

Just need a system that allows you to choose whether you want the keep the old value or apply the new socket value, before getting another roll.

Comment

• Armageddon97-gaia-
          Armageddon97-gaia- commented
          Editing a comment
          The mystic enchant system just got that today in NA/INT. Now we just need to wait for KoG to also add it to magic stone socketting <(")
      • Class: {{esusrinfo_class366835}}
        Level: {{esusrinfo_level366835}}
        Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild366835}}

Originally posted by Spaise
        I like the idea. I wouldn't even mind if it used an excessive amount of materials to increase for a guaranteed success.
        It could even use an amount of sage stones too once it hits the limit where non-sage stones would normally stop at percent wise for further reinforcement.
        It would continue to rely on the supply and demand of sage stones while discarding the anxious worrying about whether or not the next top roll you aim for is going to take another 200~300 sage stones you've stockpiled for a single socket...
        So long as the inclusion of Sage stones was optional, and was just a way to make the Reinforcement easier, I'd be all for integrating them into part of the system. Perhaps it could be an alternative upgrade cost, significantly lowering what magic stones of a type you would need for that reinforcement level, or it could obviate the need for other magic stone types completely so long as you could pay enough Sage stones as a cost.

Doing this would provide a lot of ease of use for people who still have Sage stones, while still ensuring that people who don't have Sage stones won't get locked out of optimal sockets.

Originally posted by TundeTear
        To add further, if you want this system to work out then there would need to be a chance for failure and a much higher high grade stone amount required to balance it out. Otherwise people getting special stones from ibs would be forced to sell them for like 15 20mil each and it would hurt them.
        I can see where you're coming from here. I can't deny that the values of IB stones would be reduced if such a system got released. The new value of them would probably be directly proportional to how difficult it would be to progress with the Reinforcement system.

This is why I would like to see the IB stones buffed in value (perhaps to 5%/5.5%/6%?) if this system got released - since the Reinforcement system would make lower stat percentages less valuable, the IB stones would deserve an increase in worth, for the sake of both people who buy a lot of IBs and KOG itself, as people would hate to get something of no value out of an IB.

If this meant that the Reinforcement system had to be more difficult to get through, I would personally be content with that. Again, my main wish here is a way to get maximum stats without relying on items of limited availability - if that means taking some substantial effort to get my equipment in shape, so be it. It's not like we don't already do that for Elrianode armors and Void weapons.

If I had to have a preference, though, I'd be far more comfortable with raising the stone cost than giving a chance of failure. A chance of failure would just be a source of frustration and a battle with RNG, which we already plentifully have with enhancement odds... and magic stone socket rolls.
        Trial Dungeon Mode - Compete in PvE Challenges!

Petition - Make Hitstun Recovery Constant

RNG Explanation/Discussion

Comment

Working...
        X