Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhaustive collection of lore involving Raven's military and leadership capabilities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Class: {{esusrinfo_class438503}}
    Level: {{esusrinfo_level438503}}
    Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild438503}}

Exhaustive collection of lore involving Raven's military and leadership capabilities

This is a thread in which I post lore involving Raven's knowledge, experiences, soldiering and leading abilities...

Raven background story:

_ Found and successfully led the distinguished Crow Mercenary Knights which made even the nobles feeling jealous.

_ Continuing to found and led the Black Crow Force Meritorious Service, a modern warfare military force. Downed the Cargo Airship carrying Wally and El Gang.

Raven side story:

_ Military academy graduate.

_ Tutored by a military prodigy (Owen Felford).

_ Adopted by a top brass military officer - general Cronwell.

https://elwiki.net/w/Story/Side_Story/Raven

Evaluations by other characters:

SPOILER

Combat footage (ft. Attack on Behemoth):

Dungeon quotes:

2-3

SPOILER

3-2 (2)

SPOILER

3-3

SPOILER

3-X (2)

SPOILER

4-1

SPOILER

5-1

SPOILER

5-3

SPOILER

6-4

SPOILER

6-6

SPOILER

6-X

SPOILER

8-1

SPOILER

8-2

SPOILER

8-4 (2)

SPOILER

8-5

SPOILER

9-1 (2)

SPOILER

9-2

SPOILER

9-4

SPOILER

9-5

SPOILER

9-6

SPOILER

10-1

SPOILER

Title:

Veteran (Altera region):

"A symbol of a veteran that fought in many wars".

Alternate universes lore:

Student Raven: https://elwiki.net/w/Student_Raven

Specialty: Good Leadership
    Idol Raven: https://elwiki.net/w/Raven_(ELSTAR)

Specialty: Withsatnding heat, military duty
    Heart El Raven (Shining Spiral): https://elsword.koggames.com/elrios-...l-profiles.php

tactical genius that turns the tides of battle to his favor.
    responsible for planning battle strategies in Shining Change.
    I will update for more later when I can find them.
    Last edited by Tyrannicide-solace-; 06-15-2020, 08:25 AM.
  • Class: {{esusrinfo_class439093}}
    Level: {{esusrinfo_level439093}}
    Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild439093}}

Those blackened sections on the Evaluations by Other Characters was hilarious. Made my day, thanks. But I already know those by heart, and I know that Ciel sleeps with Phoru pajamas.
    Last edited by Coronax-gaia-; 01-25-2020, 03:38 PM.

Source: https://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=90430

Comment

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class439227}}
      Level: {{esusrinfo_level439227}}
      Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild439227}}

People may misunderstand that NI is the best path of Raven to fulfill the role of a commanding officer, while in fact Raven has already been capable of commanding and leading since even before the time of his base job ingame, and since all 3 job paths of Raven having had similar experiences when traveling with El gang, so too would Raven's commanding abilities in all 3 of his job paths be roughly the same.

NI path wearing uniforms which looking the most similar to a military officer, but that factor does not affect capability and experiences needed for commanding, like at all.

Moreover Raven in NI path vowed to honor his former Crow Mercenary Knights comrades, but the current Black Crow Force is a different animal altogether, so that force does not count when Raven honoring his CMK. That also means that all of Raven's paths still having the Black Crow Force in their possessions and not just limited to NI path.

So yeah you got the idea, when Raven in his NI path stated that he wanted to honor his dead comrades who sacrificed themselves, did not mean that only NI would re-establish his army, no, but Raven has already has a different and fully functional army - under the form of Black Crow Force (it's not the same as Crow Mercenary Knights), in all 3 of his job paths.

=> All Raven paths are all equally capable of being commanders, because they all have Black Crow Force under their command, and with roughly the same commanding capability and experiences. In the case of Raven, commanding/knowledge in tactics and strategies are his forte, which are shared by all 3 of his job paths, and not just limited to NI.

===================================

Hence this line on Elwiki is redundant for example, because there is no source saying that RF is inferior compared to VC in terms of tactics whatsoever:

Contrary to Reckless Fist's background, both the story quests and light novel depict his Nasod Arm having very little influence on his base personality being level-headed and tactical.

Comment

• Coronax-gaia-
        Coronax-gaia- commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure they all have the skill to lead, but fashion is what separates a good commander from a great one. Only partially joking, real world militaries are very meticulous with formal uniforms.

References

Gills, Thomas. 2017. Enlisted Soldier's Guide. Stackpole Books. Chapter 15. Page 186.

• Tyrannicide-solace-
        Editing a comment
        Coronax-gaia- Have you ever heard about the Sukhomlinov Effect?

• Coronax-gaia-
        Coronax-gaia- commented
        Editing a comment
        In that case, Furious Blade loses.
    • Class: {{esusrinfo_class443901}}
      Level: {{esusrinfo_level443901}}
      Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild443901}}

Yay, just got another one!

8-5

SPOILER

Also the Altera region's title "Veteran" also contains lore about Raven's military capability:

"A symbol of a veteran that fought in many wars".

Comment

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class445606}}
        Level: {{esusrinfo_level445606}}
        Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild445606}}

I have found yet another:

8-1

If you have discovered any additional lore involving Raven's military capabilities, don't hesitate to post in this thread or sending it to me. Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Class: {{esusrinfo_class445661}}
          Level: {{esusrinfo_level445661}}
          Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild445661}}

Don't Elesis and Raven know of each other before the events of the game?

Is Raven still in contact with the Black Crows after they left Altera?

Source: https://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=90430

Comment

• Coronax-gaia-
            Coronax-gaia- commented
            Editing a comment
            From the Forgotten Elrian Sanctum story quest, it's not clear if the Black Crows are staying with the Ponggos, though they're no longer hostile.

Agatha: To the let! No, the other left! There! Pong!
            Adel: How's the construction coming along, pong?
            Agatha: Of course! We just have to finish installing these and we'll be able to completely seal off the transportation tunnel, pong!
            Adel: A lot has changed since the El Search Party left, pong...
            Agatha: No more threats from the Black Crows or King Nasod... We owe them everything, pong.
            Adel: Where is Amos, pong? He said he had something urgent to show me...
            Amos: Chief! You're here, pong! It's finally time for my research to shine, pong!
            Adel: Oh? Please explain, pong.

• Tyrannicide-solace-
            Editing a comment
            The Ponggos were said to be the ones who manufactured the construction Nasods which they used when they traveled to Velder and helped rebuilding some infrastructures on the countryside (Laby's story). I think the Black Crows transported the Ponggos and Nasods, because they were the only ones who had flying ships on the entire island.

• Coronax-gaia-
            Coronax-gaia- commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, that piece of lore was revealed 6 years ago, and the exact details and purposes of that lore are still a mystery to me. To begin with, why the hell Raven and Elesis FOUGHT each others at the first place??
            Answering this, but I don't think that particular fight was canon. It was a simpler time back then, so everyone got the same story quest, but I think only Elsword, Aisha, and Rena canonically went to Altera from Bethma. That said, it not unlikely that Elesis has heard of Raven prior to the game, both are/were successful knight captains after all.
            Last edited by Coronax-gaia-; 03-18-2020, 10:57 PM.
        • Class: {{esusrinfo_class445715}}
          Level: {{esusrinfo_level445715}}
          Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild445715}}

This is technically off-topic but okay.

Coronax-gaia- I was talking about the event when Raven and Elebro met and fought against each others at an unspecific period before Raven was turned into a transhuman by King Nasod, not the lore about Elesis fighting against a brainwashed Raven in 4-1, which obviously didn’t happen - like what you said - much like the rest of Elesis’s version of ingame storyline from Ruben region to near the end of Velder region which you could unlock if you played as her.

Anyway, I think the fight mentioned in “Characters commenting on each others” by Elesis occured after the event when she helped sir Elkashu winning against the enemies in her side story and before she returned home.

I felt curious when in Elsword’s side story, Elesis stated that she would bring their father back from the battlefield. Yet later she returned alone, only staying for a brief period of time, then the event of Scar attacking happened, and she set off again to go on a self-training adventure.

It’s like I’m the only one who remember about sir Elkashu and actively asking for information about him.

Comment

• Coronax-gaia-
            Coronax-gaia- commented
            Editing a comment
            My mistake, then.

Anyway, I think the fight mentioned in “Characters commenting on each others” by Elesis occurred after the event when she helped sir Elkashu winning against the enemies in her side story and before she returned home.
            Probably just friendly sparring while traveling to Hamel or Sander or Lanox or something.

Elkashu
            No comment on this one, maybe we'll see him in the Demon Realm with Owen later on.
        • Class: {{esusrinfo_class449317}}
          Level: {{esusrinfo_level449317}}
          Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild449317}}

"Raven (Reckless Fist): Scar Your tactics prove your rank as a general. It seems there are many strong people in this world."

Raven thinks too highly of Scar. I've always thought of Scar as some sort of a "loser" compared to Ran. Unlike Ran, Scar didn't have the ambition or the courage to come out of his pithole to actually wreak havoc and do serious damage to Elrios. He was also poor. He had no ED to spend on any Water El Shards to enchant his armor with. a couple of Blizzard Shower could turn him into a sitting duck, like those Training Monkeys in the training room. Scar actually had a tactic? Running off like a coward, was his tactic. I like to believe deep down he wanted to run away to the end of Elrios, away from the El Search Party's chase. But unfortunately ESP caught him hiding in the Chasm of Divided Land in Lanox. All he wanted was to return and live peacefully in the Demon Realm like an innocent peasant in a small cottage. But the vicious ESP would have never let him.
          Last edited by RomanticLoli-solace-; 04-15-2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Tyrannicide-solace-
            Editing a comment
            Raven was talking about Scar's tactics, not Scar's individual strength. Being weak does not prevent a person from being a good tactician.

Moreover, your comparison between Scar and Ran is debatable. Ran was also routed by Ara in her tutorial story, meanwhile it took 2 player characters (Elsword and his sister) to defeat Scar, and that was after Elsword performed a sneak attack which Scar couldn't see coming.

You claimed retreating showed Scar's ineptitude at tactic, but I beg to differ. Sun Tzu's 36th stratagem states that if all else fails, then retreating is the best course of action.

Regardless, when El Gang met Scar again in Lanox, he was much much stronger, it took all El Gang characters in their 2nd job advancement to defeat him, which tbh was somewhat of a plot hole because previously it only took 2 characters in their base job to defeat Scar.

So in conclusion, Scar was much stronger compared to Ran, not to mention if Scar's plan was a success then maybe the whole continent was already in ruin, which was also far more destructive compared to Ran's method of conventional demon invasions.
        • Class: {{esusrinfo_class456043}}
          Level: {{esusrinfo_level456043}}
          Guild Name: {{esusrinfo_guild456043}}

Heart El Raven (Shining Spiral):

tactical genius that turns the tides of battle to his favor.
          responsible for planning battle strategies in Shining Change.

Comment

Working...
          X
          /* */